I’ve been making it a habit to check in on myself when trying to accomplish my year’s resolutions. Today I’ll share my progress as a way to admit to the world where I’m going wrong and right
- Go to Italy. Okay, okay, I’ve not been practicing and learning my Italian the way that I should. I know this is my biggest challenge for time at the moment. Hopefully getting a few projects done this week will help clear up my calendar.
- Maintain my weight healthily. Been okay here. Have had a few weekends where food just seemed to be in abundant supply and was too good to pass up. I’m still within my 5-pound plus/minus space of “acceptable living”. Go me!
- Continue to be grateful for what I have. I am trying. I have to admit the list of “things I want to make, do, and devote myself to” continues to grow to a point that I feel paralyzed to even start the list. If a few things in my life would settle, I could see the floodgates of time open and I can start feeling better and grateful for the opportunities my life is bestowing upon me.
- Value myself. This is getting hard. Alot. I’m really feeling more and more like I deserve what life is doling out and that I’m not going to reach those dreams. Optimism is waning, I’m going to pull myself up soon.
- Get my wisdom teeth pulled. This continues to disappear. Not only because time off work for Goal #1 (GET TO ITALY!) pops up, but because the horror stories at the gym about the cost and pain are getting under my skin.
- Write a novel. This has been totally relegated to the back burner. I totally want more time for it. I even want to outline my next novel. I did write and photo illustrate an entire children’s book last week – Good Morning H-Town! It was inspired by a recent trip out of town. So very happy to have this little accomplishment…despite it only showing that I’m not making headway on the big one!
- Wear more socks, tights, etc….I’ve given totally in here. It’s summer. It’s sweltering.
- Purge more. Still looking for the good organization method to my madness. Small purges here and there, but until I figure out the go-forward plan on getting it under control, I don’t know how much I should be “going for the gusto” on purging my life. No excuse though, I need to make time for it.
- Go to town more – local foods, bike riding – we’re definitely purveyors of the restaurants, but right now, the heat is preventing outdoor activity!
- DO what you said you would do when you wished you would do it – I’ve committed to taking time for myself during the week to produce the creativity and DIY projects that I’ve committed myself to. I’m doing it. It’s time for me.
- Use environmentally friendly bags, products, etc…totally doing better here. I’ve even got myself with totes pre-packed for the weekend in order to make sure that I keep my usage of earth friendly items in check!
- Finish crafts – The hat supplies are there. I’m going to work on them. A few sewing projects got in the way. Good news, a few got knocked out this weekend. There will be a few more going soon. Hats are coming!
- Give more gifts – homemade, think of others – I’m about to go tell someone right now to visit me. I’m so happy when I’m making others happy!
Leave a Reply