1. Write one song as inspired by a letter I received last year. Absolutely only a little progress here. I’ve sung it in the car, I’ve tinkered with the piano. and then the piano went into storage while the house is being staged. sigh. Just call me, I’ll sing it for you? Am I allowed to just say “trust me, I got this.”? I don’t really, it’s more to convince myself.
2. Complete one set of hats that I’ve promised, supplies in hand. I actually have finished two and started two more. perhaps the holidays will be a shut in of fashion maven-ry? Plus now that I’ve identified my DIY-iest of friends, I’ll be getting a group of creative thinkers that will rally me over the finish line!
3. Complete one pair of heels that I’ve got in mind. Guess what? As I saw this resolution, my head snapped into motion….I know what I’m doing now. And it’s simple and elegant and perfect and a great reflection of me. Now the rest is simple…it could be a complete craft fail, but I must be brave!!
4. Complete my novel and don’t let it get past me again. Ok. I did. But after moving furniture around this weekend I found my printed editing copy and have vowed to pick it up again. That said, I did get a 90% start on my photo kid’s book about Italy, so watch that for amazing-ness this holiday season. and then for fun, my sister is finishing up the illustrations on our first (and only) collaboration of a children’s book, she’s amazing. it’s amazing. I can’t wait.
5. Tone my body more by taking on different exercises – 40 leg lifts a day after my work out’s normal 40. Plus find an ab and arm regimen for a few minutes each day. – so proud my weight is staying down.
6. Take a trip – does living life wildly busy count as a trip? I’m actually saving to take my mother, who has been no where except her hometown and my hometown for most of her life…to New York City next year. It’s planned….and then 2014: Here I come….PARIS. While I’m selling the house, trips may just be day ones, but enough to snap photos….more things that I’ve let go of doing for myself lately.
7. Continue to build confidence – every day – I’ve been falling a little flat here recently. The stress of ever changing times – work, home, house selling, family…sometimes me into a wrinkle. I am forever grateful to my family of choice who continues to pummel me (in a good way) with amazing words of support and strength.
8. Spend more time with Alice & Ralph – Alice actually wiggles her bunniness all around my hands as I feed her. And now when I come home she comes to the cage and wants her love. Pretty stellar for a bunny who has a ‘tude. Ralph has been as cuddly as ever and as few of the nights I’m spending in, I’m sure that we have had plenty of movie dates to keep my furry baby happy.
9. Not overloading myself. Stop and smell the roses. hahahaa. Okay. Complete fail. I am who I am, and I live life big, fast and arms wide open. Perhaps next year when things settle. (Fast forward to September 2013….I’ll be saying the same thing.)