I love. Here we go 2013, watch out…you’re conquered!
It’s that time of year again, to reassess my work out plan and see what is and isn’t working for me….and lately I’ve been watching reruns of Lost (nothing is on during the holidays!?!) and I want arms like Evangeline Lilly. Sure, I’m guessing if I were eating fruit from trees and having to pull my weight in an island community after a plane crash, then fine…I might have better arms too. But, who’s to say we can’t just put a little routine to the test?
1. I want arms like Evangeline Lilly. Have completely almost failed here. I’m doing the exercises more sporadically than I should….it needs to be more intense, longer and daily. Okay, help someone, any suggestions on a program?
2. 2013 Journal – doing quite well with this. Set it up, doing this daily, feeling good about the length and type of responses. Realizing how hard it is to open up and really write about what’s going on and how I feel about it, continue to think that if someone gets a hold of it, all my thoughts are “out there” a la that famous moment from When Harry Met Sally, “Oh no! It’s already out there!” and there’s no taking it back…thoughts on keeping a secret, but printed so it’s “out there”, journal anyone?
3. I want to pull back out my Rosetta Stone: Italian and tackle it. Well…I found the box. That’s a start. Next stage, putting the actual CD in the computer. Okay, so there’s always February. It’s 6 discs…I can tackle a disc per month and still knock this out of the park still.
4. I want a Great Dane. Yep. A male Great Dane named Norton. Doing really well here! I’ve found 8 phone numbers for breeders. I’ve completed a “Norton gift list needs” on Amazon.com. I’ve called my vet for estimates on gastopexy and neutering (both near and dear to my heart and health of my baby.) and even enlisted some help on training, pet sitting and dealing with giant breeds.
5. My Photography is going to make a comeback. Okay, sorta kinda here. I suppose actions from 2012 don’t count, but I did photo blog my trip to Mississippi and Tennessee. I’m proud to note that I just booked a once-in-a-lifetime trip to New York City with my mom, for her retirement gift, later this year. So that’s a HUGE opportunity. But I need to start remembering the small events. So hopefully I’ll get into the routine more often, perhaps putting the battery charger in plain view to make sure I grab my rig before leaving the house. I do need a better case to fit it in my daily purse…that could motivate more snapping.
6. With 34 years closing in fast, I think it’s time to set some goals about things to do before I’m 40. Super progress on this. Keeping it in the back of my calendar notes, remembering the things I say I’m going to do, not only is it good for this bucket list, but also keeps me thinking about what’s truly important, what’s a “nice whim to have” and of course, what’s on the list for 2014!
7. Finally, after all those things…it’s time to relax and be independent. I need nights to myself a priority, delegate and ask for help when I need it. Hm. I’ve actually canceled a few things in my life to free up time and weekends. I’m pretty proud of myself for speaking up when I’m exhausted. That’s a start. Where I still need a little personal push is the ability to keep some time for myself. It’s not just the “chores” but I love people, I love going out or having fun and it’s hard to tell the great folks in my life that I need to get things done. In this next week alone I have to get my driver’s license renewed (blech, new picture.) …hit the cleaners….get ready for a company photo shoot and deposit my first pay check…I need to breathe…a little.
Leave a Reply