It’s that time of year again, to reassess my plan and see what is and isn’t working for me….
1. I want arms like Evangeline Lilly. Have completely failed here again. But guess what, I just totally made a last ditch effort and GOOGLED, arm work out. That counts right? I mean. I printed it?
2. 2013 Journal – Still going strong on this. Plus I’ve found out it works well as a weight monitor as I’m using it to record my poundage changes a la Bridget Jones’ Diary. The news is: I’m hating that I had a month of crazy fun eating. Back to the regimen for me! On the being up front and telling the truth “out loud” and in text part, I’m actually getting more and more comfortable and am starting to realize what a great thing it is to have somewhere to vent to.
3. I want to pull back out my Rosetta Stone: Italian and tackle it. All the best of intentions here. The box now sits on the top landing of my stairs…staring at me…ha ha, pun. But no, puns won’t tell me that it’s okay to not do this, I need to hook up my DVD to my big screen tv and start doing this pronto.
4. I want a Great Dane. Yep. Okay. So. Guess what? I totally rocked this one out this month. Although, a last minute switcheroo. A beautiful girl named Penelope will be joining my fuzzy family in April. She’s been born just a few weeks ago, I get to visit her (pictures soon!) in early March, and then she comes home. I’m so excited.
5. My Photography is going to make a comeback. Okay, again. Failing. Why is it I can’t just take the camera? We dance, so I feel like it sits on the table. We go out on the town and it’s just HUGE. Sometimes we just go around town and I should bring it…but then I think it’s just mundane stuff, so why? Anyone in a photog slump? I could use some advice. That said, I had a great unexpected and beautiful outing to the Houston zoo, it was great to take photos of the little creatures, my most unexpected photo was a Valentine’s-esque pic of two giraffes. Check it out here!
6. With 34 years closing in fast, I think it’s time to set some goals about things to do before I’m 40. So the current list looks something like this: Marry. Have one kid. Get a great dane. See Paris. Finish one fiction novel. Learn violin again. Learn one great song on the piano. Start one large public singalong. Write my younger years memoirs for my kid to read. See Seattle. See Scotland. Sell the hats I make on Etsy. Strut one catwalk. There’s other things, but by 40, this is doable…I hope!
7. Finally, after all those things…it’s time to relax and be independent. While I was doing pretty good in January on this, February has been a leeeeetle bit more busy. I can’t help it. It’s WONDERFUL to be blessed with friends and family who want to see you. The new jobby job had me offsite for three days of this short month, plus my super cool birthday had some days taken. March will be quieter, I’m actually considering some advice from a few design/décor blogs and setting up a meditation space. We’ll see. My new meditation space may be in the great dane crate…ha. That said, looking forward to a few of these benefits of relaxation!