I love. Here we go 2013, watch out…you’re conquered!
1. I want arms like Evangeline Lilly. I mean who doesn’t? But I’m happy to report that I am doing this more and more in the gym. And while it may not meet this resolution perfectly, I’ve also decided that my inner thighs need abolished – so I have a great new pair of running shoes and an inner spirit. Here.we.go. #revampedexerciseroutine
2. 2013 Journal – Still going strong on this. I’m enjoying this more and more. What it’s making me realize is that I’m actually writing more not only in my journal, but also in my novels, blog, etc…I’m liking that I have outlets to express my thoughts and feelings, as well as share with others what’s going on. I was recently named the Young Professionals Chairperson for NOMADS Int’l and feel like there’s lots I can impact in sharing with others through a network of successes that this group encompasses.
3. I want to pull back out my Rosetta Stone: Italian and tackle it. Okay, complete and total fail. Does it count that I found an “actual” native Italian at work and we had some basic conversation and I knew what he was saying? That said, I know, that doesn’t count. Get back on the horse.
4. I want a Great Dane.Penny has come home. Omawurd is she a great little thing. Okay, so I feel like I’m talking to friends about her way.too.much. But who doesn’t love a puppy who at all times looks either a) mischeivious, b) innocent and c) (my favorite) all-knowing. Potty training has been a breeze, but she now knows what a KENNEL is, and still in that growing phase, can fit UNDER my bed, and refuses to move. Her.legs.are.strong. Holy mother. That said, other than that little glitchy glitch, she’s hilarious to watch pal around with Ralph and Alice, and her grace…is …um, well hopefully…increasing. She’s 75% legs, and tumbles everywhere.
5. My Photography is going to make a comeback. I will be pulling out the camera more, I haven’t taken enough pics of Penny, and really of anything. I’m actually pulling more into writing than ever, hoping that it will get better with time. Right? It will. Just write, and enjoy it. I sometimes feel silly that I feel like I can’t write, or that no one is reading this. Or that no one cares I’m writing it either. What can I write that would be of interest to folks? I know that I want to write a novel, I wonder…I mean, I know they say to do what makes you (the writer OR photographer) tick inside, but I want to reach the masses.
6. A+: Complete! With 34 years closing in fast, I think it’s time to set some goals about things to do before I’m 40. So the current list looks something like this: Marry. Have one kid. Get a great dane. See Paris. Finish one fiction novel. Learn violin again. Learn one great song on the piano. Start one large public singalong. Write my younger years memoirs for my kid to read. See Seattle. See Scotland. Sell the hats I make on Etsy. Strut one catwalk. There’s other things, but by 40, this is doable…I hope! List hasn’t changed. I think this resolution can be marked DONE-O……okay, so I’ve added “drive a race car” in the before I’m 40 list….I think it’s necessary to try and live life fast…a little!
7. Finally, after all those things…it’s time to relax and be independent. I had a really great weekend to myself recently. I completely tackled a to-do list item that had been hanging around my shoulder like those irritatingly small devils in cartoons o’ yore. I …..cleaned the closet. I can see the floor! I can find my clothes! And then what did I do right after that? I took myself to lunch and I went shopping and rewarded my efforts. I think my next little perk in this area is to set up a meditation space to be “one with my thoughts”…at least for a ten minute stretch.
Leave a Reply