1. I want arms like Evangeline Lilly. Fail. Let’s not even talk about missing two weeks at the gym. I’m sickened. It’s bikini season. I cannot participate.
2. 2013 Journal – Still going strong on this. I am loving being able to archive good things I write, or ideas that I have into one consolidated place. I sort of marvel as the pages rack up with my thoughts and how much freer I feel after I vent to what used to only be considered “a screen with words” amen for starting with this and sticking, I never thought I would take to it like this.
3. I want to pull back out my Rosetta Stone: Italian and tackle it. So earlier this month I spent time with the Italian father of a great friend of mine. He made lasagna – noodles, sauces and all – from scratch. It was better than any lasagna, and many many MANY dishes I’ve had in general. That said, he’s invited me to visit him in Italy. OMG. WHAT? Yes. So…will Paris next year become Paris with some more Italy thrown in? Uh oh, I fear (or can’t wait!) so.
4. I want a Great Dane. Penny has come home. We’re slowly starting to be able to stay in the crate. She’s so flipping smart. She knows when I’m in a great mood, she knows when to angle for treats, and she knows when to pick at the laundry with gusto and whirl a bra around her head so that it takes untangling it from multiple gangly puppy limbs before she can whiz off again. She is such a joy to come home to, even when she’s messy.
5. My Photography is going to make a comeback. I have picked up the camera again. My Oil and Gas organization, NOMADS, has given me a great outlet to come and photograph events and social stuff to post to our website. This has really moved me back into snapping mode. I love the smiles I get and the comraderie it brings when I post the pics for our members.
6. A+: Complete! With 34 years closing in fast, I think it’s time to set some goals about things to do before I’m 40. So the current list looks something like this: Marry. Have one kid. Get a great dane. See Paris. Finish one fiction novel. Learn violin again. Learn one great song on the piano. Start one large public singalong. Write my younger years memoirs for my kid to read. See Seattle. See Scotland. Sell the hats I make on Etsy. Strut one catwalk. There’s other things, but by 40, this is doable…I hope! List hasn’t changed. I think this resolution can be marked DONE-O……okay, so I’ve added “drive a race car” in the before I’m 40 list….I think it’s necessary to try and live life fast…a little!
7. Finally, after all those things…it’s time to relax and be independent. I’ve not been relaxing as much as I should. I feel like Christmas is right around the corner. Yes, in June I feel this. What the what? Yes. I already am planning Thanksgiving. Christmas cookies. Secret Santa ideas. Dang you pinterest. Food mags. Martha Stewart. You all know what evils you place? Hahaha. Actually, I’m rather happy it’s been busy lately, I feel like I’m actually getting life made simpler. I should and need to slow down more, but right now I’m content that I’ve gotten some minimalization of “stuff” and things that take up my schedule out of the way and gaining some more control of free time.