I love articles that make us more mindful. This short piece from Apartment Therapy really makes me stop and recognize what I love about being at home. Lately I’ve had the AC guy come, a freezer on the fritz and too many “to do’s” around the house that have left me a little less than enamored with home ownership.
This snaps me back into place.
- I love my tiny circular window that the sun splashes through and it’s rays scatter through the room on a summer day.
- I am so satisfied with the shine of my sink when I’ve finished a satisfying meal’s worth of cooking and all the dishes are put up and cleaned for the evening.
- I love how my couch warms me up in winter and gives me a raft to “float on” when I’m feeling ill.
- I adore my huge garden tub, and feeling like a tiny person floating in a pool when I have it filled with steaming water and chamomile bubbles.
- I laugh remembering the sound of Penny’s heavy paws pounding from upstairs in her room kennel when I walk through the door in evenings – she knows I’m coming to jail break her.
I adore my home, and while I’m pondering moving next year – this first one has meant so much to me. I know it’s nooks and crannies, and I was the first one to make my mark on it. It will always carry a special place.
Just like a romantic relationship, falling in love with your home is easy if you remember to appreciate the little things — the small pleasures that don’t cost a lot of money or take much time, but give you a little lift when you notice them. Here are a few things that are making me happy in my space these days.
Leave a Reply