1. I want arms like Evangeline Lilly. Hahahah cute idea. So now I’ve taken off 12 lbs and I have 10ish more to go for me to be happy with my body again. Go me. I mean, I’m generally happy, but 22 lbs extra isn’t fun to carry around and it’s not healthy either. First things first, healthy – then ok, movie star arms. It’s been a hard year.
2. 2013 Journal – Still going strong on this. Every day I’m writing. I’m slowing down to talk about emotions, details, what I should have and have not done different. I’m taking more than just notes down about the day and discussing how I felt about them instead – it’s bringing a new depth to this project and I’m enjoying it. Next year, I may keep up this routine in addition to wanting to do a photo journal for the year to incorporate every day photos into my history.
3. I want to pull back out my Rosetta Stone: Italian and tackle it. I realize that I’m just going to set this one aside for now. Not only will next year’s trip to Paris possibly take on an Italian twist via train, but I realize that unless I am going to use Italian, it’s not practical for me to spend a ton of time learning it all over again. Excitement will rear it’s lovely head next year and I’ll soak it up again like I did before. I would love to speak it much like I do Spanish – but my success in that language is because I have friends who use it….Italian, while absolutely beautiful, may have to wait until I have my villa there.
4. I want a Great Dane. Penny is definitely family now. She’s a ball of energy, and I’m learning her idiosyncracies. On the days she drives me crazy, I stop and remember that she’s a puppy (despite the feelings, oh the feelings sometimes.) and that this is a growth process for both of us. That said, I adore her, coming home and having her actually run out, get to the stairs and come back for a hug and ear scratching before going outside – that just means there’s a soul to this dog – and a damn good one at that.
5. My Photography is going to make a comeback. It’s slowly doing this. The trip to NYC really opened up my eyes to the process and what a professional photographer sees, improves and does for an image. I’m liking that my own shoot, fix and post process falls in line with that naturally. So A+ for me. I’m needing to pull out the camera for some dance events, get the sports-type shots into action again, I think that would be a fun project.
6. A+: Complete! With 34 years closing in fast, I think it’s time to set some goals about things to do before I’m 40. So the current list looks something like this: Marry. Have one kid. Get a great dane. See Paris. Finish one fiction novel. Learn violin again. Learn one great song on the piano. Start one large public singalong. Write my younger years memoirs for my kid to read. See Seattle. See Scotland. Sell the hats I make on Etsy. Strut one catwalk. There’s other things, but by 40, this is doable…I hope! List hasn’t changed. I think this resolution can be marked DONE-O……okay, so I’ve added “drive a race car” in the before I’m 40 list….I think it’s necessary to try and live life fast…a little!
7. Finally, after all those things…it’s time to relax and be independent. Meh. My heart is hurting a little lately. I’m dealing with a lot of transitions and internal changes and generally trying to reset how I approach life. I don’t know know if that’s considered relaxing, but it’s definitely independent. Getting stronger every day, starting to really make some wins for myself that will help my future and in general, trying to enjoy the ride.