I love. Here we go 2013, watch out…you’re conquered!
1. I want arms like Evangeline Lilly. Okay, maybe these actually look a little Lillyish. I am so happy to report that I am my goal weight minus two more pounds. Now I’d like to do some shaping, but I think in life we need to come to grips that I will always have thighs, and no matter how much I wish for little pin legs, my legs are nice, and get me to where I need to go.
2. 2013 Journal – Still going strong on this. Have been slightly lax only because I’m so tired sometimes! I find that I’m writing three days in the same day – shh, don’t tell me. I know that’s bad, but at least I’m keeping a record and feel like this was my most successful project this year.
3. I want to pull back out my Rosetta Stone: Italian and tackle it. Well, did I tell you that I give up completely on this? Only until I know where I’m going next year – Paris and Italy. Just Paris? Just Italy? Oh my goodness. Now I just need to decide traveling partner or go solo.
4. I want a Great Dane. Penny has come home. And I’m watching her grow and now that we’re ending the months of “terrible twos” behavior, I’m so proud to have a mammoth dog who loves on people. This.dog.wants.hugs. She stops going full speed towards the door to go outside after work and insures she waits for me at the foot of the stairs to walk with her. She leans against me with meaning, and wants her love. Then she goes and makes a pool in the backyard.
5. My Photography is going to make a comeback. So so here. I’ve been taking out the camera. There’s lots and lots of events coming up this holidays season that will no doubt give me reason to dust off ALL the lenses and make things happen. I’m looking forward to twinkly lights and champagne bubbles.
6. A+: Complete! With 34 years closing in fast, I think it’s time to set some goals about things to do before I’m 40. So the current list looks something like this: Marry. Have one kid. Get a great dane. See Paris. Finish one fiction novel. Learn violin again. Learn one great song on the piano. Start one large public singalong. Write my younger years memoirs for my kid to read. See Seattle. See Scotland. Sell the hats I make on Etsy. Strut one catwalk. There’s other things, but by 40, this is doable…I hope! List hasn’t changed. I think this resolution can be marked DONE-O……okay, so I’ve added “drive a race car” in the before I’m 40 list….I think it’s necessary to try and live life fast…a little!
7. Finally, after all those things…it’s time to relax and be independent. I am doing so.damn.well. I’m dating. There’s something special brewing, and I’m just leaving it at that. I’m ending this year on such a high note that I can’t believe where 365 days has taken me. I’m a washed off, whole new person. My heart is full, my smile is at top wattage and I’m so ready for the amazing road ahead, no matter how unknown it is.
Leave a Reply