1. I will be completing a photo journal rather than a written journal next year. This is going very well! It’s fun to take little moments rather than every big event and record them on a week by week basis. Admittedly, I hate not recording my daily weight, which was something I watched in the written journal I kept last year – but the new fitbit flex program is helping that…just a shift change.
2. Each week I’ll be making sure I jot a few little diddies down in my book and hopefully by the end of the year, have a book. Admittedly, sorely missing the mark here, will need to make this a daily/weekly habit to open up the book and jot some ideas down. I’m finishing up my two other book projects – my biography and my cookbook and I know it’s derailing me from progressing on this.
3. I plan on running a half marathon. I am officially signed up for my first 5K, and unofficially committed to a 4.2 mile 6-man relay. So steps 1 and 2 are taken. I’ve joined a run club and I have support. Here’s to doing something big by November/December.
4. I will be traveling to Paris, seeing the Eiffel Tower. Can I already have failed at a resolution so early in the game? Yes, but happily! I’m GOING TO DISNEYWORLD! and I’m also going to Seattle. Sir LAA has convinced me that we will see Paris and Italy in 2015. I’m quite excited given the timing and feel like my decision to re-route is DEFINITELY the right thing to do!
5. Speaking of French perfection, I’ll finally be scoring my first (and probably only) pair of Louboutins. I have now decided on which shoe I want (secrets! secrets!) and will be ordering them around the first of the month. Hopefully they’ll be in on time for the actual birthday – but either way, this is definitely a go.
6. I will be completing my line of hats that I’ve promised for so many years now, and finally opening up my shop on Etsy – Prim and Proper Trims and Toppers.
7. I do have a crazy craft project that has been on my mind for awhile now. Make my own snow globe. I’ve not decided a theme, but I do have my empty snow globe on my craft desk. I’ve set aside some time this weekend to give a thought to what I’d like to conjure up. I think I know who it’s for, putting it together will be a separate issue. I’m such a project person, and not a multitasker. Books first. Then house projects. Travel plans. and then hats. and then this. I think. For now at least.
8. Finally, just to keep things whimsical, I’ll be completing my violin song. I want to learn at least one song well. I know that TakeLessons.com offers up virtual lessons for reasonable prices, and I’ve also scoped out several reputable teachers here in town. Now, pick a song? Also, not kidding, Violin for Dummies isn’t half bad!
You broke one of your favorite toys. I’m not quite sure the whole story – but it’s an “Energize Dragon” from the Transformer Rescue Bot Bumblebee Dinosaur something. So then I took it and promised I could fix it, but the screws are tiny, I already lost one and the split in the wing has... Continue Reading →
What did you grow up eating? The daughter of two Yankees, I was born in the South and until college, never had a chicken fried steak and I still remember freaking “the truck” out when I saw and was asked to consume, an okra pod. That said, we grew up with a fair mix of... Continue Reading →
Is anyone else getting more observant as this time wears on? It’s nearly as if staying in your own home’s bubble sucks you into pondering things that you never had time for before. Some days I feel that I should be more effective with this, acting on my thoughts instead of just indulging them. But... Continue Reading →
My 25th birthday. My then-husband’s wrists started curling in on a birthday trip to Wine Country. Said he had pain in them as if “he’d been working in the yard”. Since we’d just purchased our first house and had been digging in the backyard, it didn’t seem out of the ordinary. We came home a... Continue Reading →
America isn’t easy. America is advanced citizenship. You’ve gotta want it bad, ’cause it’s gonna put up a fight. It’s gonna say, “You want free speech? Let’s see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who’s standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend... Continue Reading →
Man, am I tired of this word. Every five seconds. I’m living in unprecedented times. These are unprecedented markets. These are unprecedented situations. Holy hell people, yeah, we get it. We ain’t been ‘ere before. I turn on the TV and there’s a morose yet soothing voice saying someone’s company somewhere is “here for me”.... Continue Reading → […]
I recently went online and went quarantine window shopping. Despite me on the road to live and thus, deal, with less – less appointments, less people, less stuff. I realize that even I am human, and window shopping is fun. Now that we’re slowing starting to step out, of course buying more than the essentials... Continue Reading →
Ralph Thomas, furry partner and fellow adventurer, died peacefully this afternoon after a long and beautiful life with his family. He was nearly 11 years old. He started out the size of a potato, plucked from a breeder’s litter at 8 weeks, deemed “unfit for sale” because his brain literally was too big for his... Continue Reading →
She came from a big family, with lots of struggles, and plenty of stories, most of which I think we should write a book about, because surely I’m the only one with a great uncle who lived in a pig sty. She passed away 7 years ago, gone is almost a century of an amazing... Continue Reading →
Tomorrow I step outside. 100 days of being in my house. I don’t mean, “I went to the grocery store near my house”…I don’t even mean I checked the mail. I literally mean, right here, inside my house. Been here the whole time. I did it largely for our family, and because it seemed pertinent... Continue Reading →