1. I will be completing a photo journal rather than a written journal next year. This is going very well! It’s fun to take little moments rather than every big event and record them on a week by week basis. Admittedly, I hate not recording my daily weight, which was something I watched in the written journal I kept last year – but the new fitbit flex program is helping that…just a shift change.
2. Each week I’ll be making sure I jot a few little diddies down in my book and hopefully by the end of the year, have a book. Admittedly, sorely missing the mark here, will need to make this a daily/weekly habit to open up the book and jot some ideas down. I’m finishing up my two other book projects – my biography and my cookbook and I know it’s derailing me from progressing on this.
3. I plan on running a half marathon. I am officially signed up for my first 5K, and unofficially committed to a 4.2 mile 6-man relay. So steps 1 and 2 are taken. I’ve joined a run club and I have support. Here’s to doing something big by November/December.
4. I will be traveling to Paris, seeing the Eiffel Tower. Can I already have failed at a resolution so early in the game? Yes, but happily! I’m GOING TO DISNEYWORLD! and I’m also going to Seattle. Sir LAA has convinced me that we will see Paris and Italy in 2015. I’m quite excited given the timing and feel like my decision to re-route is DEFINITELY the right thing to do!
5. Speaking of French perfection, I’ll finally be scoring my first (and probably only) pair of Louboutins. I have now decided on which shoe I want (secrets! secrets!) and will be ordering them around the first of the month. Hopefully they’ll be in on time for the actual birthday – but either way, this is definitely a go.
6. I will be completing my line of hats that I’ve promised for so many years now, and finally opening up my shop on Etsy – Prim and Proper Trims and Toppers.
7. I do have a crazy craft project that has been on my mind for awhile now. Make my own snow globe. I’ve not decided a theme, but I do have my empty snow globe on my craft desk. I’ve set aside some time this weekend to give a thought to what I’d like to conjure up. I think I know who it’s for, putting it together will be a separate issue. I’m such a project person, and not a multitasker. Books first. Then house projects. Travel plans. and then hats. and then this. I think. For now at least.
8. Finally, just to keep things whimsical, I’ll be completing my violin song. I want to learn at least one song well. I know that TakeLessons.com offers up virtual lessons for reasonable prices, and I’ve also scoped out several reputable teachers here in town. Now, pick a song? Also, not kidding, Violin for Dummies isn’t half bad!