Watch out world, 2014 is up and running…and I have to admit something. I hate this set of resolutions. Life has changed ten-fold since I wrote them at the end of 2013 and I think if I’m honest with myself, that some of these just aren’t going to get done. So I’m setting aside the violin lessons. Accepting that my hat skills aren’t top notch enough. Paris will be waiting until the love of my life joins me soon. And so, with heavy heart for changing things, but uplifted by my ability to admit wrong-doing, I’m writing a few other new ones so that my change of heart and life are reflected.
1. I will be completing a photo journal rather than a written journal next year. This is still going strong and continues to excite me each week as I forget which pictures have made my blackberry’s camera snaps by the time the Monday rolls around. Plus Sir LAA is very photogenic, but I don’t find myself lugging a camera to all of our events. Life has become wonderfully peaceful, and while I should still pull out my camera, I’m enjoying the quiet.
2. Each week I’ll be making sure I jot a few little diddies down in my book and hopefully by the end of the year, have a book. Yeah. Nope. This one is morphing slightly. I have two books – an autobiography and a recipe book as well as a photo book that I’m trying to finish. These are all undertakings that I’ve been working on willy-nilly since two years (or three?!) ago. It’s time they got printed and bound and called a day. So for now, poetry is being set aside for a to – do list that I want to accomplish.
3. I plan on running a half marathon. I’m signed up! NOVEMBER here I come! My best friend R called me and said “Austin?” and I said, I can’t…birthday weekend. So then he moved it up THREE WHOLE MONTHS and bam! I’m running. I’ll keep you posted on my training as per usual though, this one is going to be exciting! Currently it’s not fitting Sir LAA’s schedule, so there may another one, just so he can run my first with me.
4. Disneyworld. Seattle. Possibly Dallas. The wild child of Texas – Port Neches. All trips on my radar. Perhaps, just perhaps, a trip to London in December. Wowzers. So yes, Paris got set aside. Not only because vacation time only comes so often, but it’s time to really focus on the living and making memories, not just hitting a bucket list. This year has already brought me immense happiness in the minutia of my everyday life, getting to experience all of this will be a dream come true.
5. Louboutins have been purchased. And now they’ve been worn. Check out those puppies. I wore them to the Inaugural Gala of the NOMADS in February. So it was not only a great happy-birthday-to-me gift, but it felt good to get that one down on film! These guys are a hoot to hang with, and the black tie event was a first for Sir LAA and I. Enjoyed thoroughly – even danced …in public. Don’t tell the other guys.
6. This blog. I’m committing to writing for my blog daily and keeping up my features. I want to grow it and my readership. I don’t have the full time necessary to truly devote a ton to it in order to become a goddess of blogging, but I want my outlet where I can put what’s going on in my life and head and shopping cart. I hope you continue to read, as I want to continue to write.
7. I do have a crazy craft project that has been on my mind for awhile now. Make my own snow globe. I am still on this. I’m really having a hard time getting a subject…because I’m somewhat limited to what I can find miniatures of. Any help here? That said, it’s on the table and it’s been packed into a box for moving as I’ve decided to put my house on the market.
8. Oh yeah. I’m selling my house. That was actually on the list for this year and then life changed – job, love, big dog needing a yard…and well. It’s back on. I’m moving and seeing where life takes me. I’m very much ready to close this chapter of my life and move on to things that I never thought possible. This move will signify the loss of my first house, but a door opening that I’ve never walked through – that of having faith in someone else.
Leave a Reply