This whole IS me. I live for the tiny world that lenses can find. I am the go-to photo taker at all events. and yes, I see things in black and white, and through a Lomo filter and with different lighting effects and so on and so forth.
This really sparked my interest in photography as I’m combing through pics of our honeymoon (more on that soon!) and I’m telling you, if you fit even half of these, congrats, you’ve caught the picture bug.
Resolution: say it, mean it, do it.
Watch out world, 2014 is up and running…
1. I will be completing a photo journal rather than a written journal next year. Still going! I’m enjoying each Monday of coming in and seeing the little tidbits that end up coming from my phone. Sometimes it just reminds me of a lovely memory for a moment…and smiles abound.
2. I have two books – an autobiography and a recipe book as well as a photo book that I’m trying to finish. The bio has been printed! and it’s on it’s way! and even better, the photo book has been printed and IT’s ON IT’s WAY! Double win in a month, ah, the power of putting my mind to something!
3. I plan on running a half marathon. So putting my mind to things…
4. Disneyworld. Seattle. And now “Galveston”. So, “Galveston” turned out to be a surprise honeymoon planned by Sir LAA to ……….
5. Louboutins have been purchased. And now they’ve been worn. Check out those puppies. I wore them to the Inaugural Gala of the NOMADS in February. So it was not only a great happy-birthday-to-me gift, but it felt good to get that one down on film! These guys are a hoot to hang with, and the black tie event was a first for Sir LAA and I. Enjoyed thoroughly – even danced …in public. Don’t tell the other guys.
6. This blog. I know. I’m doing better! Not only am I making time for it, but I’m starting to love more and more the fun of finding things to tell you, or shape up articles in my head. Now I just need to market a little better, thoughts on that?
7. I do have a crazy craft project that has been on my mind for awhile now. Make my own snow globe. And guess what friends!? I found pieces! and a theme! I found a lovely place on Etsy to create a custom tree with me and my love’s initials (think The Giving Tree!) and a little bench. I cannot wait til they get here!
8. Oh yeah. I’m selling my house. And I got married. And we’re throwing a small family reception this summer. AND the reception is done and dusted! We had an awesome time………………………………
Seriously. This summer has been more “summery” than any summer I truly remember. We’ve gone to outdoor sporting events, seen summer blockbuster movies, grilled out, eaten corn on the cob, enjoyed fireworks, taken in LOTS of lemonade, enjoyed some home projects working in the garden, and even gotten to take a few summer vacations.
That said, this is our first summer together and this list is a great start on what to look forward to trying next summer as School Days are nearly here again! (and a whole ‘nother Football Season list!)
Play miniature golf
Win a prize at the fair
Catch fireflies at night
Build a sandcastle at the beach
In the past five minutes all of the food below has popped into my head.
Okay, perhaps not the past five minutes, but at least since I woke up this morning. and it’s killing me. Usually the SECOND I tell myself to cut back on the eating and up the ante on the exercise, I want to consume.
ALL THE THINGS.
Right before our reception I salad and veggie’d it up. One night I told Sir LAA, “The night we get back from our honeymoon, I want a pizza and some wine.” I’m not kidding you. Why didn’t I just blurt out “I know we’re going away on vacation and eating our hearts out on foreign food that will make love to my mouth and tastebuds, but dear God, I need a round greasy cheesy pepperoni’d pie to shut my soul down!”
What is it with me lately? No, I’m not pregnant. and honestly, I’m doing pretty well on my weight. I would like to drop another 5 lbs again, but who doesn’t. I notoriously gain weight in the summer…is it the pressure of bikini season I wonder? When winter hits, I actually LOSE weight, because why? Sweaters will hide bulk and I don’t need to lose anything.
What are your thoughts? What are you eating good and filling that isn’t fatty?
Despite being a foodie, I think what prompted me to pick this recipe was the wooden board that they are serving the steak on.
When the husband and I had his post-half marathon meal at Miller’s Guild in Seattle, we chose to split an 82-day aged ribeye that weighed in at a whopping 29 ounces.
We licked our board clean, including the hubby who also got gifted the bone full of marrow on the serving platter. (A new fave for him MEAT BUTTER!)
Seriously, this week has been about cleaning out my veins full of wonderful honeymoon food.
You ever notice though, you come back from vacation, you want to eat well, but your stomach pangs mercilessly for the room service, breakfast in bed full of cheese and hollandaise and or the seafood or red meat.
and in short, doesn’t want a salad or veggies that you SHOULD be maxxing out on?
This burger is doing both!______________________________________________________________
Okay, I realize that I am writing a post about quoting Mean Girls, but I swear there is a point. When I was thinking about making a Caesar salad the other day, my mind instantly thought of the quote when Gretchen says, “Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? We should totally just STAB Caesar